Send me your questions
Please use this form to send me any general questions you have, or if you want to schedule an initial phone call. I typically respond to inquiries within 24 hours.
My Palm Harbor counseling office is conveniently located in Pinellas County within easy driving distance of Clearwater, Oldsmar, Safety Harbor, and Tarpon Springs.
1150 Tampa Rd., Suite A
Palm Harbor, FL 34683
With all the demands on our schedule, I know it can be difficult to find time to sit in traffic for one more appointment. That's why I offer a secure, confidential, and convenient online video therapy platform. As long as you can find a comfortable, private place for 45 minutes, you can receive the help you deserve.
My appointment fee is $150 per 45-50 minute session.
In an effort to make treatment available for those who cannot afford my full fee, I have a few slots available at lower cost.
I accept cash, checks, all major credit cards, HSA/FSA accounts, Bitcoin, and Ether.
I do not currently accept any insurance plans for a few reasons.
- Insurance companies require a mental health diagnosis be added to your permanent medical record before approving services. Many of my patients are suffering despite not meeting criteria for an official diagnosis.
- Insurance companies often restrict the length of treatment and the type of services that can be offered and require lengthy discussions, reviews, and documentation to support the psychologist's clinical judgment.
- In-network insurance providers agree to allow auditors to review your therapy records. I am committed to confidentiality and prefer to not have non-clinical auditors reviewing your records any time they want. I also have concerns about insurance companies being the target for data breaches as we've seen with Equifax and the U.S. government.
- The fees insurance companies allow for psychotherapy are often less than half of the actual cost for therapy. My fees are average for the Palm Harbor area, and I encourage you to check the independent nonprofit FAIR Health for your ZIP code and the procedure code 90837.
I am happy to provide you with a detailed receipt that can be submitted to your insurance company for out-of-network reimbursement. This means you are responsible for payment at the time of our appointment, and, depending on your plan, a certain percentage of that may be paid to you by your insurance company. You may also look into using a service such as Better to make the process a little easier.
To find out what your insurance would reimburse for out-of-network, call them and ask the following questions.
- Do I have coverage for outpatient mental health psychotherapy and related mental health benefits? For individual psychotherapy, the code is CPT code 90837.
- Does a deductible need to be met, and has it been met?
- Do they require pre-authorization? If so, try to obtain this phone number before meeting with your therapist.
- Is approval or a referral required by a medical provider?
- What is the amount of coverage for an out-of-network provider? (They often give a percentage for this)
- Is there a time limit for submission of claims?
- Where should my claims be mailed?