I am a psychologist who specializes in the treatment of anxiety, but I'm also a father who recognizes the special challenges that come with raising kids. I feel the exhaustion after chasing around a 3-year-old all day. Those worries about being a good enough parent run through my head at bedtime too. I can promise that you are not alone.
What I don't experience personally is the extra pressure that society puts on moms.
I want you to be able to remember the joy of parenting, rather than the struggles.
You deserve to feel like your needs are important, because they are! You can't be the mom you want to be if you're constantly feeling overwhelmed.
Being a parent in today’s society is harder than at any period before. Even if our parents did have to walk uphill to school both ways (in the snow, for us former northerners).
Social media makes it too easy to compare ourselves to others. Comparing your daily life to everybody else's highlight reel is bound to lead to thoughts of being a failure.
But there is hope!
It's time to stop falling into the comparison trap! Instead, let's make your life fit with your hopes and dreams.
Whether you’re feeling overwhelmed by stress, constantly worrying about your family’s safety, having panic attacks, or just struggling to figure out what you want for your life, we can work together to help you take back control and enjoy life again.
I love seeing the difference in people when they finally decide to reach out and overcome their obstacles.
The most rewarding thing is that first GENUINE smile after many tears and lots of fake, “I’m okays.”
We will work together to bring your inner strength to the surface for better tomorrows and a more fulfilling life.
If you’re ready, I would be honored to walk alongside you on that journey, using my training and experience to guide you through your stuck points.
Let’s get started in bringing joy back into your life.
ARE YOU READY TO BEGIN?
schedule YOUR FREE 30 MINUTE CONSULTATION today.
about Dr. Kevin Hyde, licensed psychologist
I was born and raised in Buffalo, NY, where I learned the value of a strong work ethic. From there, mine was a unique path getting to where I am today. My life has weaved its way through politics, working as a national security officer, 12 years living near Washington, DC, and 2 years in York, Pennsylvania.
My wife and I have two little girls under the age of 3, so we are constantly in the midst of craziness and activity. It's stressful, and we may not love every minute, but I don't think either of us would trade it for the world.
All of that has led me to finding the most rewarding work of my life, as a psychologist. I hope to use the experiences and knowledge gained through my own crazy life's journey to help you figure out the best path for you.
American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, Northern Virginia
Psy.D., Clinical Psychology, 2016
M.A., Clinical Psychology, 2013
B.A., Political Science, 2003
Activities & Affiliations
• American Psychological Association
• Florida Psychological Association
• Association for Contextual and Behavioral Science
• Florida license number PY9881
WellSpan Behavioral Health Meadowlands Outpatient Clinic, York, PA
- Worked with adults and children with disorders including: anxiety, depression, adjustment to divorce, anger, autism spectrum disorder, ADHD, behavioral issues, etc.
WellSpan Health Crossroads Family Medical Center, Ephrata, PA
- Situated inside a primary care provider office to provide same-day assessment and treatment of mental health issues, as well as medical issues including: diabetes, weight loss, chronic pain, adjustment to a new diagnosis, family/life stress, etc.
Mt. Washington Pediatric Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Provided therapy for children with autism spectrum disorder, ADHD, anxiety, depression, single parent homes, school problems, acting out, etc.
- Assessed children for autism spectrum disorder, learning disorders, ADHD, etc.
Integrated Clinical Concepts, Sterling, VA
- Worked with adults and children with disorders including: anxiety, depression, infertility, anger, personality disorders, ADHD, behavioral issues, etc.